Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hard Times Espresso

The first entry of a revived blog and its about espresso . . .

As a semi-random plan I've decided to start reviewing places in the Twin Cities that serve espresso. I'm sure from a connoisseurs perspective I am completely unqualified to carry out any such review, but I could care less; I know what I like.

A double espresso at Hard Times cafe will cost you $2.00 plus a little something for the barista. Overall the espresso was good. It wasn't overly bitter or burnt tasting and had a nice creamy texture. It was served without frills, but in a ceramic espresso cup which is a huge plus in my book as this is becoming harder to find. Espresso in a paper cup just isn't the same. The atmosphere of Hard Times is also pretty cool and I was glad to finally check it out after hearing a lot about it. Would I go back: yes. Is it the best espresso ever: no.

On another random note, it was interesting - almost surreal - to go back and read some of my political posts from 2008.

No comments: